- Hyundai has started accepting bookings for the Exter, its upcoming micro SUV, for an initial amount of Rs 11,000.
- The highly anticipated launch of the Exter is scheduled for July 10.
- The Exter boasts several notable exterior features, such as H-shaped elements integrated into the headlights and taillights, as well as roof rails for added practicality.
- In terms of interior enhancements, the Exter offers a sunroof and a digitized driver display, surpassing the features available in the Grand i10 Nios.
- The Exter will share the same petrol and CNG powertrains found in the Grand i10 Nios.
- With prices expected to commence from Rs 6 lakh (ex-showroom), the Exter is poised to be an affordable option in the micro SUV segment.
Hyundai’s latest offering, the Exter, is gearing up for its much-anticipated launch on July 10th. The micro SUV has already entered series production at Hyundai’s manufacturing facility in Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu, and the first model off the production line flaunts a unique khaki color option. Excitement for the Exter is building up as Hyundai has started accepting bookings for the SUV at a nominal amount of Rs 11,000.
The Hyundai Exter boasts a bold and distinctive design, featuring a boxy appearance with chunky wheel arches, body cladding, and roof rails. The SUV stands out with its H-shaped LED daytime running lights and taillight elements, projector headlights with chrome surrounds, and large skid plates.
When it comes to equipment and features, the Exter offers an impressive range. It includes a dual-camera dashcam, cruise control, an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system, a digitized driver display, a single-pane sunroof, and wireless phone charging. In terms of safety, the Exter is equipped with six airbags, electronic stability control (ESC), hill assist, 3-point seatbelts, seatbelt reminders for all seats, and a reversing camera.
Powering the Exter is a 1.2-litre petrol engine with an output of 83PS and 114Nm of torque. It can be paired with either a 5-speed manual transmission or an automatic transmission. Additionally, Hyundai offers the option of a CNG kit for the petrol engine, but it is only available with the 5-speed manual transmission.
With an expected starting price of around Rs 6 lakh (ex-showroom), the Hyundai Exter will enter a highly competitive segment. It will face tough competition from rivals such as the Tata Punch, Citroen C3, Maruti Fronx, Renault Kiger, and Nissan Magnite.
Overall, the Hyundai Exter promises to be an attractive choice for customers looking for a compact and stylish SUV with modern features and a competitive price tag. With its bold design, well-equipped interior, and shared powertrains with the popular Grand i10 Nios, the Exter is set to make a strong impact in the micro SUV segment.