The 2024 Maruti Suzuki Swift has received some significant updates, with a focus on its engine and other features. Here’s a comprehensive overview of the key details:
New Engine and Transmission
- The 2024 Swift retains its 1.2-liter petrol engine but now features a 3-cylinder Z-Series unit, replacing the older 4-cylinder K-Series engine.
- This transition to a 3-cylinder engine is aimed at enhancing low-speed torque, though specific power and torque figures are yet to be revealed.
- The Japan-spec Swift will come equipped with a CVT automatic transmission designed to be lighter and more fuel-efficient.
Variants and Transmissions
- While the specific configurations for the India-spec Swift haven’t been detailed, it’s expected to offer both manual and automatic transmission options for the new engine.
- The fourth-generation Swift, as showcased in Japan, features a redesigned grille with a honeycomb pattern, full LED lighting, and new alloy wheels.
- Inside, it is expected to have a black and beige dashboard layout, similar to the Japan-spec Swift, and shared components with other Suzuki models like the Baleno and Grand Vitara.
- Notable features include a 9-inch touchscreen infotainment system, push-button start/stop, cruise control, and auto climate control.
- Safety features in the Japan-spec Swift include six airbags, electronic stability program (ESP), a 360-degree camera system, and a suite of advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS).
- While the India-spec Swift may not receive all of the ADAS features found in the Japan-spec model (such as adaptive cruise control, adaptive high beam system, and lane assists), it is expected to include blind spot monitoring.
Launch and Pricing
- The new Maruti Suzuki Swift is anticipated to arrive in India in the first half of 2024.
- The expected starting price is around Rs 6 lakh (ex-showroom).
- In India, the Hyundai Grand i10 Nios will be a direct rival, with the Renault Triber serving as an alternative sub-4m crossover MPV option within a similar price range.
Please note that specific technical details and configurations for the India-spec Swift may vary, and it’s advisable to refer to the official Maruti Suzuki website or authorized dealers for the most accurate and up-to-date information.