When considering the purchase of a new vehicle, safety is a paramount concern for most consumers. In 2020, the Toyota Fortuner underwent a rigorous safety evaluation by ASEAN NCAP, an independent safety organization renowned for conducting thorough crash tests to assess car safety. The Toyota Fortuner safety rating has garnered significant attention from both car enthusiasts and safety-conscious buyers, and the results are indeed impressive, with the vehicle achieving a solid 5-star safety rating from NCAP. This comprehensive assessment encompasses various safety aspects, including the protection of both adult and child occupants.
Toyota Fortuner Safety Ratings
- Adult Protection Score: 34.03/36
- Child Protection Score: 43.38/49
Now, let’s take a closer look at the Toyota Fortuner’s safety ratings and features:
Toyota Fortuner Adult Occupant Protection Rating
The ASEAN NCAP assessed the Toyota Fortuner for adult occupant protection. In this segment, the Fortuner secured an impressive 5-star rating, achieving a score of 34.03 out of 36 points in the frontal-offset crash test. The results from the frontal offset test indicated that the car offered effective protection for both adult occupants. However, there was a potential risk of leg injury for the driver during this assessment. In essence, while the testing body noted excellent upper body protection for the driver and passenger, there was a minor concern regarding potential leg injuries to the driver.
Toyota Fortuner Child Occupant Protection Rating
During the evaluation of child occupant safety, the Fortuner achieved a score of 43.38 out of 49 points. The examination highlighted the presence of ISOFIX mounts and an integrated Child Restraint System (CRS) as safety features designed to protect children in the vehicle. The Fortuner underwent a second assessment by ASEAN NCAP, with the results from the new Toyota Hilux, which shares similar occupant protection features and design, contributing to its overall score. The Fortuner achieved an impressive 5-Star ASEAN NCAP rating.
Toyota Fortuner Safety Assist Test
The Fortuner underwent testing to evaluate its accident prevention capabilities. Notable safety features include ABS with EBD, 7 airbags, hill-assist control, electronic stability control (ESC), Emergency Brake signals, and ISOFIX child seat mounts. These features enhance safety and support the driver in challenging driving situations.
Toyota Fortuner Motorcyclist Safety Test
Apart from assessing occupant safety, ANCAP also examines the protection provided to vulnerable road users such as pedestrians and motorcyclists. The Fortuner boasts an Impact Absorbing Structure with Pedestrian Protection Support, further enhancing safety. It’s complemented by an emergency brake signal system designed to assist the driver in accident prevention. Notably, the Fortuner’s pedestrian protection features have been recognized by ANCAP, contributing to its safety credentials.
Additional Safety Features
The Toyota Fortuner comes equipped with a comprehensive array of safety features designed to enhance occupant protection and vehicle stability. These features include:
- Airbags: To safeguard passengers in case of a collision.
- Side Airbags: Providing additional protection for occupants in side collisions.
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS): Preventing wheel lockup during intense braking, enhancing control.
- Vehicle Stability Control (VSC): Stabilizing the vehicle during cornering, reducing the risk of skidding.
- Traction Control System (TCS): Limiting wheel spin, improving vehicle stability, especially on slippery road surfaces.
- Hill Hold Control (HHC): Preventing the vehicle from rolling back on inclines, offering convenience and safety during hill starts.
- Anti-Theft Alarm with Ultrasonic Sensor and Glass Break Sensor: Protecting the vehicle and its contents by triggering an alarm and preventing glass breakage from outside attempts.
- ISOFIX Anchors: These anchors provide a secure attachment point for child seats, enhancing child passenger safety.
In conclusion, the Toyota Fortuner for 2023 offers a robust lineup of safety features, solidifying its position as a secure and appealing option for Indian buyers seeking a capacious and versatile SUV. With a 5-star ASEAN NCAP safety rating and a range of safety technologies, the Fortuner provides peace of mind on the road. Safety-conscious consumers can confidently consider the Fortuner as a reliable and secure choice for their automotive needs.