Tata Tiago hits 5 lakh unit sales milestone

Tata Motors, India’s leading automobile manufacturer, recently celebrated a significant milestone with their Tiago model surpassing the 500,000 sales mark. The company reported that the last 100,000 units were sold within a span of just 15 months, highlighting the increasing appeal of the Tiago among customers seeking a dynamic and comfortable driving experience. The commemoration took place at the Sanand facility in Gujarat, which is considered the home ground for the Tiago.

The Tiago has garnered immense popularity over the years, winning over 40 prestigious awards and captivating numerous young and dynamic customers. Its success can be attributed to its appealing design, exceptional safety features, feature-rich interiors, and cutting-edge technology integration.

One of the key strengths of the Tiago is its diverse range of powertrain options, including petrol, CNG, and electric variants. Moreover, the Tiago NRG model stands out with its SUV-inspired design and off-roading capabilities, which are available in both petrol and CNG options. The Tiago has also achieved a remarkable Net Promoter Score (NPS) rating of 51, which is a clear testament to the brand’s success.

Vinay Pant, Head of Marketing at Tata Motors Passenger Vehicles Ltd., expressed his appreciation for the Tiago’s pivotal role in boosting the popularity of Tata Motors’ New Forever range. He emphasized that the Tiago has consistently exceeded expectations by offering customers good styling, unrivaled safety standards, and state-of-the-art technology, thereby reshaping the hatch segment. Pant extended his gratitude to the esteemed customers and expressed confidence that the Tiago will continue to be instrumental in the success and growth of the New Forever range.

The profile of Tiago buyers reveals its strong resonance with young and aspirational individuals, with an average buyer age of 35. The urban market contributes to 60% of Tiago’s sales, while the remaining 40% comes from rural markets, showcasing its broad appeal across different customer segments. Notably, the Tiago has also witnessed a positive shift in female buyers, who now account for approximately 10% of its sales. It is worth mentioning that the Tiago has gained immense popularity among first-time car buyers, with 71% of customers making their maiden car purchase in the fiscal year 2023.

Since its launch, the Tiago has achieved significant milestones, embodying Tata Motors’ new design philosophy and setting the stage for future models. In January 2020, the Tiago received a remarkable 4-star safety rating from GNCAP, establishing itself as the safest hatch in its segment. With its combination of fun and smart attributes, the Tiago has become the go-to hatchback for young, fun-loving customers, solidifying its position in the market.

Read More:

Scroll to Top